Most Common Mistakes in Online Dating
Online dating has changed the way how we meet, interact and share things with others. With over 8000 dating sites, millions of people dating online, more than 60% people dating online have met one or the other and approximately 35% people finally into relationships, online blind dating is now more common and prevalent today.
If someone is looking for a casual friendship, life partner or just someone to share time, online dating is the most common way to find them. However, if you are not able to find a suitable partner even after weeks or months of searching and dating, then it’s the time to peep into the online dating profile and the way you approach in online dating to look for the mistakes.
There may be chances that you are doing things in a wrong way. With just a few simple techniques and tweaks, one can be successful in online dating. One can relate to the below-highlighted following points and refer them as there is a possibility of you making the similar mistakes in the online dating:
– Selecting the right online dating sites: The first step is to find the best online dating sites which cater to your requirements. There is no point in making a profile on those free dating sites which don’t fulfill your criteria. You are bound to fail in case if the free online dating site with whom you are registered is not catering in your geographic location, suits your relationship requirements or doesn’t take into account for your personality, appearance and the lifestyle.
Therefore, choosing a suitable blind dating site is the first step. Dating sites such as Blinddate.com offers a real opportunity to blind date first and then to meet in-person. The ‘blind date hour’ feature of Blinddate.com let user’s blind date for an hour’s time. Within this period, the identities of the users are hidden and will only be revealed once the users chat for an hour’s time.
This actually helps users to get to know each other without giving much importance to how one looks.
– Typos in the online dating profiles: Any kind of grammatical errors or typos are big no in the dating profiles. It’s not just about losing one or two prospective matches. It’s more about presenting yourself, your personality and image to others. This also shows that you being a meticulous person give importance & attention to every small detail.
– Profile and other additional photos: Profile image is the first and the foremost thing anyone is going to look at. And in case if that is not clicked perfectly or is covered with some prom, you are bound to lose your chances of getting a prospective match. Therefore, the principle is to have a professionally clicked photo of yours for the profile image. Additionally, don’t hide your face with any sunglasses or hat or any facial tattoo. There is no point in hiding your face and losing opportunities. Moreover, don’t upload images of you with your friends. It’s very confusing and there is always a possibility of losing your potential match to your friend. Moreover, it’s always advisable to upload multiple images of your to give a clear idea about you.
– Adjusting the reality vs expectations: One has to balance his/her expectations with reality. Focusing more on the profile image, how one look like and the facial features will only make you more selective even if you find someone more genuine. It’s easy to forgo a potential match because of his/her average looks.
To make this easier, online dating site like Blinddate.com offers a feature to upload multiple images.
– Comprehensive information: Provide as much information as possible about yourself in the profile. This helps in making an initial decision whether one is best-fit or not. One has this chance not only to write about himself/herself but also about his/her expectations. Websites like Blinddate.com offers a comprehensive 40-point profile form so that a potential match will get a suitable chance to present himself/herself.
One doesn’t necessarily have to write about the current job but must have to explain what interest him/her in the current job. Writing about the life goals and achievements will definitely help one in making a decision.
– Add a tinge of humor: Being humorous is good. It makes the whole environment more relaxed. Adding some humor in the profile will definitely gives you an advantage over the others. One can use self-deprecating, high-brow, satirical or simple tease will help one in grabbing the attention of the potential mates.
The above-mentioned might help you not only in acknowledging a few facts, but also serves as a reference to remember what needs to be improved in your profile. One can find certain similarities about the mistakes one is doing and how he/she can improve over them so as to get successful in online dating.